Sunday, January 25, 2015

Alpha is open!

This weekend, I opened up Lone Spelunker for alpha access.  You can go to lonespelunker.com to sign up.

So far, I haven't received much feedback, but the feedback I have received on the game has been pretty glowing:



So, it's looking like people are enjoying the game.  That is really gratifying!

There has been one major problem - the captcha I was using to block potential spambots.  Apparently, it was so good that it also kept out humans.  This was by far the source of most discussion on my game, sadly.

I have since eased off of the captcha requirements, and made the requirements that remain a lot more forgiving and understandable.  Hopefully, this will allow people to get in and play while still defending the site from people wanting to post ads.

1 comment: