Friday, March 3, 2017

7DRL 2017: Arkham After Midnight

I just officially threw my hat in the ring for the 2017 Seven-Day Roguelike Challenge.

My goal is to make a Lovecraft-themed roguelike that procedurally generates the investigation threads, rather than simply making "levels" with monsters to kill.  We shall see how it goes!

One of the nice things about this theme is that I have quite a bit of original art lying around from previous projects and other activity.  For instance, here is an image I drew in the DrawQuest iPad app a few years ago, which will make a perfect splash screen for the game:


I've got several other images available from when I was working on Arkham Investigations (a fan-made board game expansion for Arkham Horror), and since I've programmed several roguelikes before, I've got plenty of boilerplate code lying around to accelerate development, too.  If all goes well, I'll have a fun new roguelike to show at the end of next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment